Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadget Insurance: phone stolen claim

Options
  • 28-08-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi, looking for some advise. i upgraded my phone just before christmas last year and gave the iphone11 to my daughter as a christmas present. Both her phone and my phone are in my name and l pay both bills. Last night her phone was stolen from her pocket so straight away we locked the phone and can see on find my iphone exactly where it last was (an area i would not venture into). My problem is l took out gadgetinsurance as soon as l bought it and as it states on the policy you need to be over 18 so put it in my name and my mobile number. now when l report it stolen to the Garda and go to 3 to have the number shut down when l go to the insurance the number stolen will not match the number on the policy although the phone insured is the phone that was stolen ?? Am l going to have an issue with the insurance paying out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You shouldn't have, it's still your phone, I'd venture down and get it, if you can track it to an exact house as the guards to have a look, it's useless to them, maybe even offer a 50 reward for return via the apple text the phone option, they might take the bait. Don't cancel the sim until you do that.

Advertisement