Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Nissan and AIB 0% Finance Offer

«1

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭ zg3409


    I am not sure its such a great deal. Cheap credit is available from lots of places. A knock down on the price would have been better. Only a good deal if you have little to no savings and planning a brand new car. Chademo, no active cooling and a smaller than standard battery.

    For a taxi a 40kWh would make no sense, also a car with no active battery cooling makes no sense. The way most city taxis work is they have peak hours, and they wait in ranks. Otherwise they just sit somewhere and wait for one of the apps to bring business to them. To get most business from the app you need to be nearer where the customer is compared to other taxis. Thus you want to minimise charging time as much as possible and be located where the work is. With no chargers at taxi ranks and no chargers for taxis at the airport (besides the one 50kW often inaccessible one) it means you are not earning while charging, so what you need is a big battery that charges fast. Say you do a 6pm to 11pm busy shift, then charge for 20 minutes, then do the pub closing. However most taxis have seen business fall off a cliff with covit, so most are not even meeting existing car repayments and will go bust.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭ Calahonda52


    AIB/zero% finance, euro 28 billion bail out, not paying CT until 2050 due to the ramped up losses / the suicides / evictions etc from the tracker mess/ bankrupt pensioners from the share price collapse.....
    No Thanks.
    .
    A better model would be from the aerospace engine market
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0827/1161587-rolls-royce-half-year-results/

    "Planes stopped flying for months earlier this year and travel still remains at a much lower level than previously, hitting Rolls-Royce's revenues as airlines pay it on the basis of how many hours engines fly."


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,654 ✭✭✭✭ listermint


    AIB/zero% finance, euro 28 billion bail out, not paying CT until 2050 due to the ramped up losses / the suicides / evictions etc from the tracker mess/ bankrupt pensioners from the share price collapse.....
    No Thanks.
    .
    A better model would be from the aerospace engine market
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0827/1161587-rolls-royce-half-year-results/

    "Planes stopped flying for months earlier this year and travel still remains at a much lower level than previously, hitting Rolls-Royce's revenues as airlines pay it on the basis of how many hours engines fly."

    tbh, im not sure what any of that has to do with the Nissan Leaf Finance.

    Genuinely i read it twice and im still baffled...


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,907 ✭✭✭✭ ELM327


    If it was on the L62 it would be a good offer.
    That would even cover my 50k+ pre covid km per year without needing to fast charge (rendering the chademo and lack of cooling moot)


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 31,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gumbo


    First thing I done was check to see if the L62 was included. I would have pushed the wife out of the F10 and into one. Or at least tried. :)

    I know 2 taxi men jumping on this offer.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ PlayByTheRules


    There's a whiff of desperation about this. I see nothing in it for AIB other than being seen to be lending into the Economy and from Nissan's side I reckon they have a surplus of the 40s to shift after lockdown and in general now that there are more EV options coming fast.


  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭ Zenith74


    zg3409 wrote: »
    For a taxi a 40kWh would make no sense, also a car with no active battery cooling makes no sense. The way most city taxis work is they have peak hours, and they wait in ranks. Otherwise they just sit somewhere and wait for one of the apps to bring business to them. To get most business from the app you need to be nearer where the customer is compared to other taxis. Thus you want to minimise charging time as much as possible and be located where the work is. With no chargers at taxi ranks and no chargers for taxis at the airport (besides the one 50kW often inaccessible one) it means you are not earning while charging, so what you need is a big battery that charges fast. Say you do a 6pm to 11pm busy shift, then charge for 20 minutes, then do the pub closing. However most taxis have seen business fall off a cliff with covit, so most are not even meeting existing car repayments and will go bust.

    For a country taxi driver maybe, but plenty operate just around cities doing far less mileage than you'd think. This fella seems happy enough with his Leaf40 taxiing - https://www.independent.ie/storyplus/going-the-distance-taxi-driver-defies-expectations-with-his-hardworking-electric-vehicle-37589109.html


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ graememk


    listermint wrote: »
    tbh, im not sure what any of that has to do with the Nissan Leaf Finance.

    Genuinely i read it twice and im still baffled...

    Yeah someones just got the wrong end of the stick, Yes AIB is doing the finance but they sure as hell aren't subsidising it, Nissan is.

    easier to offer 0% finance than lower the price of the car, also gets stock on hand shifted. ( maybe sales are lower than expected because of much tougher competition.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭ Thierry12


    Don't see the attraction?

    €30,000 for 200km range

    VW ID3 with 350km range is €36,000 with the same 10% deposit and 3.9% APR

    €6,000 extra for nearly double the range and charge speed seems a no brainer

    Leaf 40kWh is worth about €25,000 if ID3 58kWh is costing €33,000

    €30,000 for Leaf 62kWh would be fair enough


  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ Pekarirska


    It's either 0% finance or €3000 scrappage with 3.9% finance. Both through AIB.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭ zg3409


    Zenith74 wrote: »
    For a country taxi driver maybe, but plenty operate just around cities doing far less mileage than you'd think. This fella seems happy enough with his Leaf40 taxiing - https://www.independent.ie/storyplus/going-the-distance-taxi-driver-defies-expectations-with-his-hardworking-electric-vehicle-37589109.html

    I have no doubt some can make it work, but a 64kWh niro would work much better, charge faster and have less battery wear. Buying new the obsolete 40kWh model as a high mileage taxi makes no sense. Even in Dublin city there is very few 50kW chargers for taxis to use mid shift.
    That piece is sponsored by Nissan, so it is not balanced. Also taxi drivers can claim back their diesel costs. A smaller battery model might work well if the cab company had a private 50kWh charger which some UK taxi companies installed. I just don't think fuel costs are a big overall expense for taxis, compared to missing an hour at peak pub closing time due to charging. Many drivers I know do 12 or 14 hour shifts with a lot of queueing to be first at taxi ranks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭ Padraig Mor


    Thierry12 wrote: »
    Don't see the attraction?

    €30,000 for 200km range

    VW ID3 with 350km range is €36,000 with the same 10% deposit and 3.9% APR

    €6,000 extra for nearly double the range and charge speed seems a no brainer

    Leaf 40kWh is worth about €25,000 if ID3 58kWh is costing €33,000

    €30,000 for Leaf 62kWh would be fair enough

    Usual lies and apples and oranges comparisons from you.

    VW WLTP range is 330km, not 350.
    Leaf WLTP range is 270km, not 200.
    So it's actually 30% extra range, not 100%. I'll accept that many users will not get that in everyday driving from the Leaf......but in that case you cannot use the 'official' VW figure either.

    Leaf 'slow' charger is 6.6kW, ID3 is 7.2 - not much of a difference. Yes fast charging may be quicker.....if you use it (and many don't).

    And not forgetting the Leaf is a considerably larger car as well, and better suited for a family.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,907 ✭✭✭✭ ELM327


    And the leaf has 5 seats!


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ eagerv


    Usual lies and apples and oranges comparisons from you.

    VW WLTP range is 330km, not 350.
    Leaf WLTP range is 270km, not 200.
    So it's actually 30% extra range, not 100%. I'll accept that many users will not get that in everyday driving from the Leaf......but in that case you cannot use the 'official' VW figure either.

    Leaf 'slow' charger is 6.6kW, ID3 is 7.2 - not much of a difference. Yes fast charging may be quicker.....if you use it (and many don't).

    And not forgetting the Leaf is a considerably larger car as well, and better suited for a family.


    Thought the ID.3 WLTP is 424km.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭ JPA


    eagerv wrote: »
    Thought the ID.3 WLTP is 424km.

    The 45kWh version is 330 km.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ eagerv


    JPA wrote: »
    The 45kWh version is 330 km.


    Yes, but I was replying to what Thierry12 had originally posted and reply from Padraig Mor where it looks as though the 58kWh ID.3 was used.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭ JPA


    eagerv wrote: »
    Yes, but I was replying to what Thierry12 had originally posted and reply from Padraig Mor where it looks as though the 58kWh ID.3 was used.

    Yes, the 58kWh is 420km wltp.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,907 ✭✭✭✭ ELM327


    JPA wrote: »
    Yes, the 58kWh is 420km wltp.
    Is that the 4 seat version?


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭ JPA


    ELM327 wrote: »
    Is that the 4 seat version?

    No, 77kWh is the 4 seater.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭ Thierry12


    Usual lies and apples and oranges comparisons from you.

    VW WLTP range is 330km, not 350.
    Leaf WLTP range is 270km, not 200.
    So it's actually 30% extra range, not 100%. I'll accept that many users will not get that in everyday driving from the Leaf......but in that case you cannot use the 'official' VW figure either.

    Leaf 'slow' charger is 6.6kW, ID3 is 7.2 - not much of a difference. Yes fast charging may be quicker.....if you use it (and many don't).

    And not forgetting the Leaf is a considerably larger car as well, and better suited for a family.

    Check your figures there lad before accusing people of lieing

    Leaf 40kWh is 200km real world, ID3 is 350km real world

    I'll ignore your fast charger part/whatever it is your talking about


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭ Thierry12


    eagerv wrote: »
    Yes, but I was replying to what Thierry12 had originally posted and reply from Padraig Mor where it looks as though the 58kWh ID.3 was used.

    Exactly

    The ID3 58kWh starts from €33,000

    45kWh doesn't exist yet as you pointed out

    Padraig needs to do a bit more research before calling people out


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭ Cyrus


    Thierry12 wrote: »
    Check your figures there lad before accusing people of lieing

    Leaf 40kWh is 200km real world, ID3 is 350km real world

    I'll ignore your fast charger part/whatever it is your talking about

    Do we have 350km verified on the id3?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭ Thierry12


    Pekarirska wrote: »
    It's either 0% finance or €3000 scrappage with 3.9% finance. Both through AIB.

    Is that offer available with base model that starts at €27,000 or only SV that €30,000?

    If it's base and it comes out at €24,000 after scrappage that's decent.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭ Thierry12


    Cyrus wrote: »
    Do we have 350km verified on the id3?

    Yes check youtube, few german channels have tests done

    I'm being generous to Leaf 40kWh too, it aint doing 200km at motorway speed that's for sure, closer to 150km, ID3 is very efficent compared to Leaf, which is a dog on the electrons.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭ Thierry12



    And not forgetting the Leaf is a considerably larger car as well, and better suited for a family.

    Another nugget :pac:

    ID3 58kWh is higher and wider than a Leaf

    You have more headroom and legroom

    Leaf has a slightly bigger boot

    Both are good size family car


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭ RedorDead


    And not forgetting the Leaf is a considerably larger car as well, and better suited for a family.

    Considerably Larger? Its closer than you think. ID3 is wider and taller whilst Leaf is 138mm longer which give it the boot space advantage.

    Model ID3 Leaf
    Length 4262 4490
    Width 1809 1788
    Height 1552 1540
    Boot 385 Litres 435 Litres


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    this is one of the saddest things I've seen on boards.


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel


    Thierry12 wrote: »
    Another nugget :pac:

    ID3 58kWh is higher and wider than a Leaf

    You have more headroom and legroom

    Leaf has a slightly bigger boot

    Both are good size family car

    You have a lot of google wisdom, but you've obviously never sat in both cars.

    Leaf has adequate space for 3 (young) adults in the back. The ID.3 does not. If you're a family of 5, the ID.3 is not suitable unless they are very small people in the back
    zg3409 wrote: »
    For a taxi a 40kWh would make no sense

    Agree with most of your post, but not with that. The Leaf 40 makes a lot of sense as a taxi in a city area. Taxis in Dublin do on average about 250km per day I believe, which would be within the range of the car in city traffic. Every time I see a Leaf 40 taxi in Dublin, I think to myself: smart man. Great choice of taxi. Got a lot of subsidies and runs an utterly reliable car for next to nothing.

    "Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022



  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ eagerv


    I used to follow a Taxi driver in the UK "Fancy a Bev Mate?"


    He found the range suitable for his work using the Leaf 40.
    However he doesn't seem to be uploading vids recently.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭ KCross


    eagerv wrote: »
    I used to follow a Taxi driver in the UK "Fancy a Bev Mate?"


    He found the range suitable for his work using the Leaf 40.
    However he doesn't seem to be uploading vids recently.

    His last few vids were not very complimentary! And then he went silent ;)
    But he did really like the car as a Taxi and it suited him fine.


Advertisement