Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on what maybe the problem with tractor please

Options
  • 26-08-2020 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

deutz 4 clylinder tractor was going ok, was parked up to get diesel in it and left sitting then for many days but cap was not fully replaced so just as a porecaution before it was started again he drained all the diesel out of it and put fresh diesel in it,

then it was started first turn of the key but run rough, go from high to low that you think it was going to die out and then go high again and kept repeating this very uneven pattern for 5 minutes before dying out completely, it now won't start at all

any suggestions on what may be the trouble and how to fix it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I am by no means an expert but my gut feeling is air in the fuel-line system.
    The easy option is fallow the fuel line from fuel pump to injectors.
    At entry point to last injector just open pipe with spanner.
    Start engine in normal way and it make a minute for fuel system to fill up completely.
    After letting run for say a minute with small amount spillingout tighten up.
    Iexpect this will fix it.
    There are loads of other options but the easiest and good chance work,
    Make sure before you start this the tank not full of grit as this could be problem..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Sounds like air to me too. There's a little leaver on the fuel pump, loosen the bolt on the closest injector to the pump and pump the diesel until you see the diesel leak around the injector bolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Symptom is also like dirt in the tank clogging the outlet. Likely to have been stirred up when emptying. Consider if tractor is old, and I'm not ruling out the air lock suggestion above.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,533 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I'll throw in filters.. dirt or gunk may be dislodged and blocked filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Did some rain get into the tank? If so then this will go to the bottom of the tank and come out first. This tends to get into diesel filters and swell them. I'd bleed some tru the system and change diesel filters.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Best to change diesel filters and clean the small screen in the fuel lift/primer pump, them see how she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭green daries

What type of deutz. Some deutz have the diseal lift pump worked on a fan belt pulley system and are notoriously hard to prime there is as already said by the lads probably air in the line the outlet pipe from the tank is prone to cracking and should be checked firstly then you'll need to use a drill to attach to lift pump pulley to get it to spin fast enough as simply cranking the engine doesn't lift the diseal enough
    Alternatively a squeeze primer can be fitted to the fuel line before the filter lots of bleeding and pushing the diseal through the full system into the tank and two well charged batteries
    That's if its this type of setup on the fuel system

Advertisement