Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size power box for 80hp tractor

Options
  • 26-08-2020 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am going getting a hydraulic power box for general use around the farm and house.

Would a 80hp tractor be able for a 6ft box? 5ft seems a bit small and the 6ft seems to be the best value for money!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mythos110

Wide enough to cover the width of your rear tyres I would say. Better to have a slightly bigger box expecially when mucking out sheds or leveling soil etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭muddle84

Thank you!!!! Makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

muddle84 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am going getting a hydraulic power box for general use around the farm and house.

Would a 80hp tractor be able for a 6ft box? 5ft seems a bit small and the 6ft seems to be the best value for money!

Might have to weight the front,

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mythos110

True, I used to use a 7ft box on 100hp tractor but that would normally have the front loader on as well.

A few front weights would certainly be a good investment

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MasFer

I use a 6ft malone powerbox on 65 hp 2wd drive Massey. A little light up front when carrying wet clay or gravel. Otherwise no issue. Dont go for 5ft too narrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭hopeso

As said, make sure it's at least as wide as the tractor. You don't have to fill it, if the tractor is too light....

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Similar question on a bucket for front loader. 75 HP 4 wheel drive.
    I’m thinking a five foot is best size wise for the tractor. But also wondering if I should get a 6 foot in case I ever upgrade the tractor?
    Would the 6 foot to too heavy for the current tractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Similar question on a bucket for front loader. 75 HP 4 wheel drive.
    I’m thinking a five foot is best size wise for the tractor. But also wondering if I should get a 6 foot in case I ever upgrade the tractor?
    Would the 6 foot to too heavy for the current tractor?

Loader is a different kettle of fish. Law of the lever and all that.

Advertisement