Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spot - HELP!!!

Options
  • 26-08-2020 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

I have a modelling job/photoshoot to do at the wkend for a publication. My skin has to be good. I've had a breakout of a massive spot on my face and nothing is budging it. I've tried sudocrem and I have even bought nappy cream for it. I'm beginning to panic... Which is prob making it worse. Any old wives recipes or unconventional methods to get rid of this thing before the wkend?! Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Toothpaste to dry it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Photographer will disappear it in photoshop. Remarkably easy. It’ll be part of the editing/retouching process they’ll be doing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Telly wrote: »
    Toothpaste to dry it up?

Thanks. Had not thought of that.

endacl wrote: »
    Photographer will disappear it in photoshop. Remarkably easy. It’ll be part of the editing/retouching process they’ll be doing anyway.

Yes, I know photographer can do that thankfully but this is massive. I'll try toothpaste job above. There's a small element of TV to it too so that mightnt be edited. Hence, need spot gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I find this stuff brilliant, you can get it in Boots or any of the bigger pharmacies. I needed to clear a big spot for a wedding. My local chemist recommended it along with taking a couple of paracetamol to reduce swelling. Worked for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neutrogena-Visibly-Clear-Rapid-Treatment/dp/B0047W5E62

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

I find La Roche Posay Effaclar AI spot treatment to be really effective. I put a small amount on at night and the spot significantly reduces in size by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Get some Niacinimide by The Ordinary, it’ll dry it right up in no time. It’s a cult favourite product for a reason, and it’s cause it really does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

I've tried using an aspirin tablet dabbed in a few drops of water on spots too. It dries it out. I believe it contains salicylic acid which works wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Steam your skin every night until the shoot and do your normal skin routine after. If you have like 3 days or so it will work.

Imo steaming spots out is the best way.

Exfoliate ...put some salt in a bowl of hot water ..put a towel over your head ..stay there for 10 mins ..if you want to do a cleansing mask after do so ..then cleanse tone moisterize or whatever you do.

Repeat every day or night until your shoot.

If you have a salicylic acid based product ...put that in the hot water instead of the salt. I prefer the salt though. (yes you can actually STEAM products into your skin and it works pretty well ...you can also steam OIL into your skin ..but you don't want to do that now).

You might be afraid to moisterize ....don't be as this does dry out your skin.

Do also tone ...you have to close up your pores again after steaming every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

jos28 wrote: »
    I find this stuff brilliant, you can get it in Boots or any of the bigger pharmacies. I needed to clear a big spot for a wedding. My local chemist recommended it along with taking a couple of paracetamol to reduce swelling. Worked for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neutrogena-Visibly-Clear-Rapid-Treatment/dp/B0047W5E62

Came here to say this! It'll kill a spot overnight, don't be wasting your time with sudocrem!

• Advertisement

Wow amazing advice. Thank you so so so much!! I won't have time to order the amazon product for the weekend but I'll order it anyway to have for any future spots. I'm on my way to pharmacy/boots now. Can't use the aspirin option alas as am allergic to aspirin. Thanks again to you all. Amazing advice. I'm very appreciative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Although its too late to order at this stage, Paula's Choice 2% Salicylic acid lotion is the most amazing product to keep your skin cleaned on a deeper level which will prevent them horrible zits popping up and you don't necessarily need to have acne prone skin as it doesn't dry out your skin.

I have tried The Ordinary and Obagi Zo (which is 3 times the price) and none of them even compare. You just swipe it over your skin like a toner and they just never appear. I stopped using for a few weeks during lockdown as I ran out and sure enough they came back with vengeance so I have stocked up on the UK site as there no shipping charges.

lubie76 wrote: »
    Although its too late to order at this stage, Paula's Choice 2% Salicylic acid lotion is the most amazing product to keep your skin cleaned on a deeper level which will prevent them horrible zits popping up and you don't necessarily need to have acne prone skin as it doesn't dry out your skin.

I have tried The Ordinary and Obagi Zo (which is 3 times the price) and none of them even compare. You just swipe it over your skin like a toner and they just never appear. I stopped using for a few weeks during lockdown as I ran out and sure enough they came back with vengeance so I have stocked up on the UK site as there no shipping charges.
    Thanks for that. I'll have a look. Normally I've really good skin but for whatever reason it's gone berserk I'm the lady few weeks. Might need sthg like you suggest. I'll have a look online for it. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

also if you book an appointment with a dermatologist ..they can give you a steroid shot that takes in down in minutes...that is only if it has reached cyst like status tho...and you will have to pay.
    There can be side affects but i think they are rare.

Good luck with your shoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I saw someone recommend dabbing hand sanitiser as the alcohol will dry it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Wow amazing advice. Thank you so so so much!! I won't have time to order the amazon product for the weekend but I'll order it anyway to have for any future spots. I'm on my way to pharmacy/boots now. Can't use the aspirin option alas as am allergic to aspirin. Thanks again to you all. Amazing advice. I'm very appreciative.

It's available from Boots, though its often sold out. It's just Neutrogena, comes in a small orange box.

Advertisement