Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tegral supercem slates

Options
  • 26-08-2020 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can you expect a new roof with these roof slates to colour and fade and become curled over time?

These were supplied on our house by a building contractor. I really hope we won't be replacing in 10 years time. I have seen comments about these slates not lasting too long.

Anyone have experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 docst

teednab-el wrote: »
    Hi

Can you expect a new roof with these roof slates to colour and fade and become curled over time?

These were supplied on our house by a building contractor. I really hope we won't be replacing in 10 years time. I have seen comments about these slates not lasting too long.

Anyone have experience with them?

We used them 10 years ago, they have preformed OK, the colour hasnt faded too much and they are inclined to bow slightly in prolonged hot weather. They have done a job for us and are likely to last another 10 years, the ridge tiles are another matter however. If you could stretch the budget to slate, it looks far superior imo.

Advertisement