Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lever ½ inch water valve.

Options
  • 26-08-2020 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Is there any reason why a half inch ball valve in a domestic water supply should not be operated regularly. It would be useful for me to turn one on and off twice a day like an ordinary tap.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,955 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Biggest issue is that the tank can run dry and cause airlocks if it doesn't have a constant supply

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thanks sleeper. That concern will probably not apply in my case. The lever valves in question are not for the supply to any water tank.
    Slightly unconventional I know but for reasons to long to go into detail here I have a couple of lever valves ‘inline with ordinary taps’. So for example the outside garden tap has a lever valve before it and it is more convenient for me to use the lever as an on/off rather than the tap. The tap of course is left in the open position.

So my concern was do lever taps wear out quickly if they are being used regularly as a normal domestic tap would be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,955 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I have a leaver valve for my outside tap. It's installed about 10 years & gives no trouble. They can make life easier for older people or anyone that finds it difficult to grip things.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thanks Sleeper. Thats very reassuring. Appreciated.

Advertisement