Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you go back to ex after dating someone else?

Options
  • 25-08-2020 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Have you ever gone back to an ex after dating someone else? How long did the relationship last (with the new person)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

No I personally wouldn't but that's my way.
    Some people get back together and things are great, they realise they should've never seperate at all, that they were meant for each other.
    Some people will get back together and spend their time bickering and arguing over the separation on maybe what the otherpeople were like who they dated, maybe their be jealousy attached etc.
    But then again it also depends on the people involved are they mature to overcome a blip or immature not to overcome a blip

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Oh Hell no, there's a reason she's the ex. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep, And it was her that dumped me, so I was all desperate and forlorn. However it turned out after an initial oh great I've "won her back"* and we're back together for me to realise that nope this was a bad plan. That there was eff all beyond her having a great bod and that initial hormone driven infatuation phase. In reality she was a remarkably self absorbed individual where nigh on every day brought some inconsequential moan or other.

*IMHO never think like this. They're not some unobtainable prize.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bruisedego

In this case commitment and future were planned by ex. Age gap became the issue for breakup. They moved on after 2 months, person wasn't known to them before breakup. It's very hard to accept and get over. Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I did even though it was her that dumped me first time around, same thing happened again and tbh I blame myself for being so stupid.

Lesson learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Bruisedego wrote: »
    Have you ever gone back to an ex after dating someone else? How long did the relationship last (with the new person)?

Yes, I'm married to her :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bruisedego

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm married to her :-)

Can I ask were you long apart/were you in a relationship for long when you split up before you got back together?

Congratulations btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Bruisedego wrote: »
    Can I ask were you long apart/were you in a relationship for long when you split up before you got back together?

Congratulations btw.

We were apart about 18 months but stayed in touch throughout even when she had a boyfriend and I had a girlfriend. Then ended up meeting again when we were both single and Mrs NSR asked "so no girlfriend"

It felt like we'd never been apart and the relationships we had in the meantime although nice and all, never had the same closeness we had before or have now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I did once but she was a pain in the ass. I just got pissed of a told her to go away and changed my number.

Currently going through a break up its been the most drawn out break up in my life but nearly there. I don't think I'd date or go back to her we get on as friends but as a relationship we both want different things. Its unfair for me to change for her and its unfair for me to expect her to change for me. This goes across the way we live our lives. But we're super friendly. Just it didn't work out.

Advertisement