Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray sheep

Options
  • 25-08-2020 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of stray sheep on my land for a number of months at this stage. Would there be any hope of getting the name of the owner from the dept, if I phoned with the tag numbers, or is there any other way of tracing them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭893bet

Can you bring them in? Put them in the shed for a week and I am sure the farmer will show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

hopeso wrote: »
    I have a couple of stray sheep on my land for a number of months at this stage. Would there be any hope of getting the name of the owner from the dept, if I phoned with the tag numbers, or is there any other way of tracing them?

Did you ask your neigbours who have sheep? Mightn't be from too far away.

Are they worrying your dog?

Dept. legally cannot give you the information you want. Write down the tag numbers on the sheep, ring your local Garda station with this information. The Gardaí then ring the Dept, the Gardaí then ring you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cattlepen

Are they worrying your dog?

That is very humorous. I’ll have a smile on my face for the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,533 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Get them into a shed.

The farmer is taking advantage at this stage.
    Make him come looking for them.

Not sure how people think putting them in a shed will make the owner come looking when he hasn’t looked for them already.

We have a neighbour with a very large flock and you would be a long time waiting for him to come looking for strays. If we didn’t put them back out they would never go back. He wouldn’t even know they were gone.

Advertisement