Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FireBird C26 Permanent live???

Options
  • 25-08-2020 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi All, i've a guy replaceing my old system with a new Firebird C26. The old one just had Neutral, Earth and Switched live but the new one is looking for those 3 and a permanent live. The book says permanent live is for frost protection and pump overheat protection "if installed" and installer couldnt get it to work.
    Firebird phone lines are closed at the moment but does anyone know anything about why it wont fire up without the permanent live?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭John.G

Some Firebird (Silver???) boilers with low emission burners do a post purge and the burner will not operate without a permanent live but don't think this applies to your model.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

ELCO burners perform better with an extra permanent live, but instructions show where you can fit a link which fixes it to run on just L N E
    BUT you loose the post purge benefits.

I use 4 core to the thermostat and join on to live feed. Which is almost as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭John.G

Just read there that the RDB burner will operate without a permanent live but with no post purge, don't see anything re link required or/for any other burner type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

as tom the taximan says

firebird are now fitting elco burners and they need a permanent live but a link can used from the switched live to overcome this

but you still need a permanent live to operate the frost stat

https://www.firebird.ie/images/Silver-Elco-Manual-MLOBEBS004-February-2019-Secured.pdf page9.1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

make sure boiler is commissioned and passport sent back otherwise you have no warranty

• Advertisement
Advertisement