Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about heating controls - SEAI grant

Options
  • 25-08-2020 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi,

In my apartment, I currently have a gas boiler setup with one motorised valve that is controlled by thermostat in hall.

To get HW only, I turn thermostat down to zero and use boiler timer for required duration (controlled by the boiler's mechanical clock).

To get HW + CH, I turn the thermostat to above ambient temp this fires the boiler (again, duration controlled by clock). When ambient temp is exceeded, the motorised valve closes.

There is no option to get CH only.

I have no programmable / remote setup. If I replaced the thermostat with HIVE home heating setup would this (in combination with a new boiler) qualify me for the €700 SEAI grant?

Thanks
    Mir

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

mir45 wrote: »
    hi,

In my apartment, I currently have a gas boiler setup with one motorised valve that is controlled by thermostat in hall.

To get HW only, I turn thermostat down to zero and use boiler timer for required duration (controlled by the boiler's mechanical clock).

To get HW + CH, I turn the thermostat to above ambient temp this fires the boiler (again, duration controlled by clock). When ambient temp is exceeded, the motorised valve closes.

There is no option to get CH only.

I have no programmable / remote setup. If I replaced the thermostat with HIVE home heating setup would this (in combination with a new boiler) qualify me for the €700 SEAI grant?

Thanks
    Mir

You would need two motorised valves(one for hot water and one for the radiator circuit)
    One hot water cylinder thermostat
    Immersion timer fitted to immersion
    10sq earth cable at hotpress and gas boiler
    50 % of radiators to have thermostatic radiator valves.
    BER Cert to be done on the property after work is done.

This is the basic spec to meet the grabt requirements to get the €700 grant.

Also property has to be built before 2006.

Advertisement