Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning in Metropolitan green belt

Options
  • 25-08-2020 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Has anyone else been able to get planning in one of these areas?
    I am looking at sites just outside cork city, my partners parents are living within about 3 miles of the sites we are looking at.
    Would that in itself be enough to get planning permission under part d of the regulations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

actuar90 wrote: »
    Has anyone else been able to get planning in one of these areas?
    I am looking at sites just outside cork city, my partners parents are living within about 3 miles of the sites we are looking at.
    Would that in itself be enough to get planning permission under part d of the regulations?

Is your partner living at home with the parents? is the parents house also within the green belt? Does your partner have any particular need to live in the green belt or specific ties to the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

JimmyMW wrote: »
    Is your partner living at home with the parents? is the parents house also within the green belt? Does your partner have any particular need to live in the green belt or specific ties to the area?

We're about 50/50 between cork and Dublin and intending to move back to cork full time. The parents house is in what is now a residential area, just inside the cork city boundary. We are intending to move home and work in cork, no particular ties in terms of farm or anything like that if that is what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

We're about 50/50 between cork and Dublin and intending to move back to cork full time. The parents house is in what is now a residential area, just inside the cork city boundary. We are intending to move home and work in cork, no particular ties in terms of farm or anything like that if that is what you mean?

I'm afraid you have no hope if the family home is inside a development boundary, you would have limited hope anyway if moving back to the area as realistically you would need to have been living there with the last 7 years min. I'm afraid your left with buying a house and renovating or rebuilding if necessary, or buying a site inside a development boundary.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

1. We're about 50/50 between cork and Dublin and intending to move back to cork full time.
    2. The parents house is in what is now a residential area, just inside the cork city boundary.
    3. We are intending to move home and work in cork,
    4. no particular ties in terms of farm or anything like that if that is what you mean?
    The above
    1. No Qualifying reason to live in a green belt.
    2. Ditto
    3. Ditto
    4. Ditto

Suggest you search for existing property for sale. Best of luck.

Advertisement