Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Septic Tank Outlet pipe needs replacing

Options
  • 24-08-2020 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hello,

I have an old septic tank system and the outlet pipe off 2nd tank needs replacing..ie the pipe that leads to soak hole..

Currently, had digger man dig up area as waste water was backing up and we discovered the outlet pipe consisted of a 4 inch 2 foot piece of scrap sewer pipe...thats it..with a load of soil and boulders compacted on top and the pipe was totally blocked...there is no small stones or drainage pipe..it was just a big mess of silt and clay and huge rocks..

Can anyone advise me on the correct way to fix the situation...do I put a good layer of stone under drainage pipe followed by a layer of membrane and then more small stone on top??

Please advise as cannot afford to get a builder in...many thanks..

Comments

Advertisement