Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Motorised Valve turns off before hot water boost light goes off

Options
  • 24-08-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi guys

The old hot water motorised valve burned out. I replaced the motorised valve. The new one has a light on it. New valve seems to work but I noticed the light on the motorised valve goes off before the hotwater light on the control panel. Boiler also stops firing at same time. Hot water Boost is on for hour. But motorised valve switches off after approx 30-40 mins. Water is hot and everything seems fine.

Im guessing this is fine and some thermostat is indicating theres enough hot water in tank and therefore closing valve? Im guessing this was always case but I never noticed before as I was never looking to check this and old vale had no light on it? Or should I be calling a plumber to look at this?

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭John.G

That is correct operation, the valve will reopen and boiler fire up again if the thermostat senses that the cylinder temperature has fallen by 5C to 10C and as long as the hot water boost is still on. The boiler can also stay running/come on if another motorised valve opens via CH request and a room stat irrespective of any cylinder boost request.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭allycavs

Thanks John. You put my mind at ease :-)

Advertisement