Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Bungee's?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Don't use them, too dangerous.
    I have moved to ROK straps for securing stuff.
    Those cheap chinese ones are particularly bad for breaking and the hook coming back at 100mph into your face.
    If you want to save money cut the sidewall out of a car tyre and make straps out of them.
    https://youtu.be/Z1XBJsle_TE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Mine are just for decoration though. They look pretty :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Don't use them, too dangerous.
    I have moved to ROK straps for securing stuff.
    Those cheap chinese ones are particularly bad for breaking and the hook coming back at 100mph into your face.
    If you want to save money cut the sidewall out of a car tyre and make straps out of them.
    https://youtu.be/Z1XBJsle_TE

They're great for holding your caliper out of the way when changing brake discs on the car

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

cletus wrote: »
    They're great for holding your caliper out of the way when changing brake discs on the car
    I use wire for that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I use wire for that job.

I'm sure lots of people do, or have a multitude of other things they use.

I was just pointing out that bungee cords have uses that don't turn them into 100mph projectiles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

I've just popped in there. They're like a group of anonymous latin-american meat packing glitterati :)

Advertisement