Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EWSS

• 24-08-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know how to register a client for EWSS? I presumed it was through myenquiries, but I can't find the dropdown option that give the EWSS registration option...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sugarman20

From your ROS homepage go to "Manage Tax Registrations" and you can register for it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭hjr

sugarman20 wrote: »
    From your ROS homepage go to "Manage Tax Registrations" and you can register for it from there.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

sugarman20 wrote: »

Hi Thanks for that sugarman20 but there doesnt seem to be EWSS on that dropdown list either any other ideas or maybe I missing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Go to the clients page first ( assuming you're registered for other taxes for them already). Then go to manage registrations. You'll see an EWSS heading there. You will have to submit an agent link when registering them for the EWSS as they're treating it as a tax registration.

I had this problem this morning was going through MyEnquiries as we had to do with the TWSS and couldn't find it. But Collsoft had a link on their site as to how to do it. ( thanks for that Collsoft )

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Stratvs wrote: »
    Go to the clients page first ( assuming you're registered for other taxes for them already). Then go to manage registrations. You'll see an EWSS heading there. You will have to submit an agent link when registering them for the EWSS as they're treating it as a tax registration.

I had this problem this morning was going through MyEnquiries as we had to do with the TWSS and couldn't find it. But Collsoft had a link on their site as to how to do it. ( thanks for that Collsoft )

Thanks so much for the info much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Anyone know when the eligibility criteria for EWSS will be released on revenue? I’ve seen the released media criteria l presume there will be no surprises

je551e wrote: »
    Anyone know when the eligibility criteria for EWSS will be released on revenue? I’ve seen the released media criteria l presume there will be no surprises

The most recent guidelines is the one from 31/03/21. I was just looking for the update myself today. It should be imminent though as will be effective for periods from from 01/07/21.

The most recent guidelines is the one from 31/03/21. I was just looking for the update myself today. It should be imminent though as will be effective for periods from from 01/07/21.

Thanks do you think they’ll deviate from the 2019 criteria?

je551e wrote: »
    Thanks do you think they’ll deviate from the 2019 criteria?

I stand to be corrected but my understanding is that it will be a 30% reduction on ‘actual total turnover 2019’ compared with ‘actual turnover 2021 to date plus projected turnover for remainder of 2021’. This would deviate from the current position where it is first six months of 2019 v first six months of 2021. It would allow potentially more take up from those most affected by the 2021 lockdown such as hospitality.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭collsoft

That is indeed correct.

I know Revenue are very close to releasing updated guidance on the matter - I would expect it to be published in the next few days.
    I stand to be corrected but my understanding is that it will be a 30% reduction on ‘actual total turnover 2019’ compared with ‘actual turnover 2021 to date plus projected turnover for remainder of 2021’. This would deviate from the current position where it is first six months of 2019 v first six months of 2021. It would allow potentially more take up from those most affected by the 2021 lockdown such as hospitality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭collsoft

Ok, so Revenue published updated EWSS guideline last Friday at https://revenue.ie/en/employing-people/documents/ewss/ewss-guidelines.pdf

There is also an updated guidance document for the new eligibility rules at https://revenue.ie/en/employing-people/documents/ewss/guidelines-on-eligibility-for-ewss.pdf

But the big thing to be aware of is that Employers are now going to have to enter their figures on Revenue each month to verify that they are still eligible for the scheme.

This is going to involve employers entering monthly turnover/customer order figures for all of 2019 into ROS, then entering in a mix of actual and projected figures for each month in 2021.

Then employers will have to update their projected/actual 2021 figures by the 15th of each month.

This is going live on 21st July and the initial data must be entered by 30th July.

Then by 15th August the July 2021 figure has to be updated and eligibility confirmed.

Employers who fail to complete this eligibility confirmation will find their EWSS payments stopped.

Time to read the new guidelines

Any update on the new rates for EWSS from 1st October?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sugarman20

Details of subsidy rates payable from 1 October 2021 will be provided in good time in advance of that date.

Not as far as I know. Surprised it hasn't being announced yet, it's only two weeks away.

Advertisement