Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling bread from home

Options
  • 24-08-2020 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

as the local supermarket never does good bread, im thinking of setting up a business from my 3 bed residential home selling bread.

Anyone know if i need planning permission for this. i did an internet search but only found requirements regarding labeling food etc.

its a typical residential estate of about 100 houses and my business plan is to have about 10 orders a day which people can pick up.

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

as the local supermarket never does good bread, im thinking of setting up a business from my 3 bed residential home selling bread.

Anyone know if i need planning permission for this. i did an internet search but only found requirements regarding labeling food etc.

its a typical residential estate of about 100 houses and my business plan is to have about 10 orders a day which people can pick up.

Tks

As a home baker you probably wouldn’t need planning permission. I have friends who are cake decorators who work from home who didn’t need PP.
    The local EHO will be good to give you advice on what you will need to do or have in your kitchen to legally produce food for sale.(usually separate handwash sink, no pets inside while baking etc).
    Be aware your House insurance will need to be informed. You will also need insurance for your business including public liability- Mast or Pike are ones my caker friends mention.
    If you plan on delivering your car insurance also needs to be aware

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Carodh wrote: »
    As a home baker you probably wouldn’t need planning permission. I have friends who are cake decorators who work from home who didn’t need PP.
    The local EHO will be good to give you advice on what you will need to do or have in your kitchen to legally produce food for sale.(usually separate handwash sink, no pets inside while baking etc).
    Be aware your House insurance will need to be informed. You will also need insurance for your business including public liability- Mast or Pike are ones my caker friends mention.
    If you plan on delivering your car insurance also needs to be aware

thanks very much for that very helpful advice.

Advertisement