Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bonjela while pregnant

Options
  • 24-08-2020 6:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all. I'm 6/7 weeks pregnant pregnant and suffering bad mouth ulcers. I was using bonjela the teething and mouth ulcer one, Sat and Sun without thinking about it. Read online mixed reviews about using it during pregnancy and panicking now. Has anyone used it? Or have any other cures for mouth ulcers? I am using salt and water too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

I would just have a chat with your pharmacist and/or GP as they'd be best in a position to advise. I hope this doesn't fall under medical advice but a GP would often run full bloods to check cause of mouth ulcers and take it from there. Definitely worth a trip as having had them they are miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Newbie007

Thanks a million I think it was more panic on my behalf when I realised bonjela might not be suitable to use. Heading to the chemist now to ask for advice. I've had full bloods done a few times pre-pregnancy with the same issue but nothing was ever conclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

My wife was advised by both dentist an GP not to use it 2 weeks ago . Rinsing with a salt water mix and corsydol was their recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB2017

I never knew that. Used it a few weeks ago presuming it was fine as babies can have it! Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Newbie007

Same I used the baby one for 2/3 days before I realised I should check then felt terrible. The pharmacist recommended not using it but said i prob did no harm the amount I would have used. Good to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pippin04

Newbie007 wrote: »
    Thanks a million I think it was more panic on my behalf when I realised bonjela might not be suitable to use. Heading to the chemist now to ask for advice. I've had full bloods done a few times pre-pregnancy with the same issue but nothing was ever conclusive.

I get mouth ulcers and coldsores when I'm run down and not pregnant but when I mentioned it recently at an appointment they ran more bloods and was low on iron and b12, they might pick up something they didnt before now you've a lil passenger on board? Since taking more supplements no issues so fingers crossed might be an easy one for you...

Advertisement