Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac max slope

Options
  • 23-08-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, my father in law is thinking of putting tarmac on their yard which has an excessive enough slope - I'm not certain of the gradient of the slope however I wondering if there is a max gradient that you can use tarmac on? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Hi, my father in law is thinking of putting tarmac on their yard which has an excessive enough slope - I'm not certain of the gradient of the slope however I wondering if there is a max gradient that you can use tarmac on? Thanks

Depending on the gradient it will just need care whilst laying and rolling..
    St Patricks hill in Cork city has a gradient of 23% and its surfaced with Tarmac, most mountain roads around the country etc all tarmaced..

Advertisement