Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central heating circulating pump

Options
  • 22-08-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently i changed heating circulating pump from "original" 15 years old to new DAB evosta 2.

After this change i noticed that pressure in system is going up and it looks like it is because it is "taking" air.
    By saying that i need to vent radiators every week (im using oil boiler to heat water in immersion)

Any idea why this is happening.

I think problem is with star,t as pump starting very aggressively and it may causing baubles to came up during start.

I changed settings on a pump number of times and no luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭John.G

Is the pump the one in the attachment?, if not please post (photo) all details from label on your pump.
    Also, it would be very helpful if you have details of old pump and speed setting. Even if not I should be able to suggest fairly suitable settings as I have one of these (not a DAB) smart pumps installed.

You say system pressure is going up because it is taking in air, have you a sealed system with a expansion vessel?, if so then air shouldn't get in once you have vented all the rads. You may have a small tank in the attic but then you wouldn't normally have a pressure gauge on the system.

Edit2: Found your pump I think, just confirm that its a 4-7M pump and you might tell me what setting it is currently on, your pump might (but think this is only on the evosta3) also give the head in M and the flow in M3/hr and power in watts so you might post those readings as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

domeld wrote: »
    Hi,

Recently i changed heating circulating pump from "original" 15 years old to new DAB evosta 2.

After this change i noticed that pressure in system is going up and it looks like it is because it is "taking" air.
    By saying that i need to vent radiators every week (im using oil boiler to heat water in immersion)

Any idea why this is happening.

I think problem is with star,t as pump starting very aggressively and it may causing baubles to came up during start.

I changed settings on a pump number of times and no luck.

Probably the expanison Vessell gone and causing the pressure to go up

Advertisement