Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality underlay - sources

Options
  • 22-08-2020 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

New carpets ordered & looking for good quality underlay. Quoted just under €12 sqm for Tredaire Citra 11mm 145kgm3. I hear it's high quality but seems v pricey at that. Also seems to go by the name of Tredaire Sensation (same spec). https://www.interfloor.com/?s=Citra

Does anyone see either of these products sell anywhere cheaper than this is know where underlay can be bought most cost effectively from?

Does anyone know of other underlay of similar spec & lower cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Paremon wrote: »
    New carpets ordered & looking for good quality underlay. Quoted just under €12 sqm for Tredaire Citra 11mm 145kgm3. I hear it's high quality but seems v pricey at that. Also seems to go by the name of Tredaire Sensation (same spec). https://www.interfloor.com/?s=Citra

Does anyone see either of these products sell anywhere cheaper than this is know where underlay can be bought most cost effectively from?

Does anyone know of other underlay of similar spec & lower cost?

Don't skimp on the underlay it makes a hell of a differance. I have that underlay on my stairs and landing and actually requested it from the carpet company.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Paremon

Payton wrote: »
    Don't skimp on the underlay it makes a hell of a differance. I have that underlay on my stairs and landing and actually requested it from the carpet company.

Thanks Payton, agree re not cheaping on the product itself, but rather I don't want to overpay on that specific product. Eg less than £4psqm from UK sites. Carpets don't seem to sell it separately/directly. Where did you buy yours do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Have you a specific goal in mind like soundproofing or warmth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks Payton, agree re not cheaping on the product itself, but rather I don't want to overpay on that specific product. Eg less than £4psqm from UK sites. Carpets don't seem to sell it separately/directly. Where did you buy yours do you mind me asking?

I got my carpet (Parklane) from Carpetright and I asked which was the best underlay they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Paremon

Have you a specific goal in mind like soundproofing or warmth?
    Soundproofing, softness & extending the valley lifespan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Soundproofing, softness & extending the valley lifespan.

Look into mass loaded viny for sound proofing, depending on how important it is for you. It is sold up the country. Very friendly to deal with on the phone.

Advertisement