Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paint makes beer taste funny

Options
  • 21-08-2020 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Probably the wrong forum, but does anyone else find that whatever solvent they use in Colour Trend paint leaves a bad taste in your mouth when drinking alcohol?
    Completely ruins the celebratory beer when a job is finished.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Have you tried not drinking the paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,210 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I thought Colourtrend was not solvent based? We had the entire house done with Colourtrend and absolutely no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

I think its the satin paint for wood. Smells a bit like the adblue for the car so there might be ammonia in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Funny good or funny bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

:confused:

Let me get this straight -- you've recently painted a room in your house and the odour of the paint you've used affects the taste of beer??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

This is what happens when you marry a first cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

fryup wrote: »
    :confused:

Let me get this straight -- you've recently painted a room in your house and the odour of the paint you've used affects the taste of beer??

Yep, and wine too, had to have a glass or two to check. Its sort of changes the aftertaste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Is it something you are sucking maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

KAGY wrote: »
    Probably the wrong forum, but does anyone else find that whatever solvent they use in Colour Trend paint leaves a bad taste in your mouth when drinking alcohol?
    Completely ruins the celebratory beer when a job is finished.

Can't smell, can't taste.
    Get checked out for Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,030 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Data sheets are here.

https://www.colourtrend.ie/professionals/material-safety-data-sheets/

I couldn't be bothered to read them all but picked one at random and the only concerning ingredient is Benzisothiazolinone, a common biocide (presevative) with known irritant qualities used in paints and cosmetics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzisothiazolinone

As for solvents, in water-based paint the solvent is...water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

newly painted rooms are always fairly pungent give it a week or two and it'll fade away

Advertisement