Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Gigabit Year Long Headache

Options
  • 21-08-2020 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been a long time customer of Vodafone's home broadband service, and was relatively happy using their 300mbps fibre optic service as soon as it became available in my town. Fast forward a little to June of 2019 and I was contacted by Vodafone sales to tell me that I can upgrade to their 1000mbps service free of charge, so I thought no brainer, yes upgrade me thank you very much. That's where my long standing headache with Vodafone's customer support/technical support began!

Since I have been subscribed to their 1000mbps service (from June 2019), my download speed has remained the same as it was on their 300mbps service, never really getting over 270mbps, and I have been calling Vodafone's support ever since, so we are at 14 months now!
    I estimate that I have called their support line around 35-40 times in the last 14 months and as of yet the issue still remains. I usually get told that a manager will contact me within 2-3 days regarding this issue, but they never do, I have to call them yet again and go through the usual business of explaining my problem all over again only to be put on the long finger again.

I have done every test possible, to which even Vodafone agreed, I have tested my speed using 3 different computers all with gigabit network cards, Cat6 cable between PC and router, nothing else plugged into router and wifi switched off with no difference in speed, I even replaced all my network cabling with brand new Cat 6 cable as I always connect my pc's via ethernet. Absolutely no difference made to my speed, and Vodafone told me over 6 months ago that they would send an engineer to my home to identify the issue, and of course no engineer showed up!

So here we are in August of 2020 with the same issue, and myself contacting Vodafone support like it has become a routine that is part of my everyday life. I was told 2 days ago that an engineer would be out to me yesterday, and that we are so sorry that this is ongoing blah bah etc etc, and yet again no engineer came!

I have been more than patient with Vodafone over the last 14 months, and have continued to pay my bill on time, a bill that states that I am a gigabit/1000mbps customer, and have even reminded them of that fact, but Vodafone really do need to pull their fingers out and look after their customers a whole lot better than what I have experienced. We shall see if this ever gets resolved as I have now contacted Comreg about this issue and Vodafone are welcome to try and tell them a pack of lies and see if they will be as patient as I have been!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭65535

Deleted post

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lefty73

UPDATE

So Vodafone arranged for an engineer from Indigo to call out to me on the 27th August, he basically ran the same speed tests that I have been performing for Vodafone technical support for the last 14 months, he concludes that I have slow speeds to what I should be getting! Jesus christ, I wait all this time to get this resolved only for the engineer to tell them the same as what I have been telling them all along!

The engineer said that a Siro engineer will need to be arranged as he can't fix my issue. But whatever the Indigo engineer was discussing with Vodafone technical support absolutely messed up the connection that I did have. First thing to go was my home phone line that I get with my package, then my static ip that I pay extra for was released and I'm put on a dynamic ip, and then at 8pm that night my whole internet goes down!

I have been calling Vodafone support since Friday morning and I am getting nowhere with them, so here I am on Saturday night writing this post with my pc tethered to my mobile phone just to get an internet connection. Vodafone have been telling me for the last 2 days that a manager will call me within 24 hours, but they never do, so I have to call again and get told the same thing.

Vodafone's support is an absolute joke, they don't even follow their own code of practise. I made an offical complaint on the 18th of August and according to their code of practise I should have been contacted within 2 days with a named person who would be dealing with my case, I am still waiting for that to happen too!

As mentioned in my original post I have been in contact with Comreg about my original issue, and now with the latest issues, Comreg will be stepping in on the 1st September regarding these problems as Vodafone just don't seem to be able to get their act together, so hopefully they maybe able to get somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Any update? You say you are getting 270mbs however then uou were using mobile broadband tether, was the internet also crashing? Cant believe comreg have been allowing vf get away with this kind of customer support . What arent yhey being fines millions?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 maxpet

Did you get this issue resolved. I have the exact same issue with mine. I'm on the 1Gbps Tariff but only getting 220Mbps. I was told by Vodafone technical support that 150-300Mbps is a good speed. Yes it is but I'm paying for the 1Gbps tariff :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭dam099

maxpet wrote: »
    Did you get this issue resolved. I have the exact same issue with mine. I'm on the 1Gbps Tariff but only getting 220Mbps. I was told by Vodafone technical support that 150-300Mbps is a good speed. Yes it is but I'm paying for the 1Gbps tariff :mad:

Testing over Ethernet wired or WiFi.

Over WiFi they may be correct, over Ethernet they are not and may be breaching their own committments:
    Fibre to the Home Broadband Services

Your broadband line can realistically deliver the speed that is advertised and Vodafone will commit to delivering maximum and normally available download speeds above 90% of advertised speed. i.e for 1Gbps service the maximum committed and normally available speed above 900Mbps.

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/fixed.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 maxpet

dam099 wrote: »
    Testing over Ethernet wired or WiFi.

Over WiFi they may be correct, over Ethernet they are not and may be breaching their own committments:

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/fixed.html

Thanks for that was looking for my terms and conditions, but didn't seem to receive any. It was check over Ethernet with Cat 6 cable.
    Had checked at work with the same laptop and cable so I know it's not my device. Will post update if I get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Have a quick look through this forum and you'll see a few posts about Vodafone. And as I say in them all.. You'd simply be mad to hand that crowd any money.

Advertisement