Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime avoid accidental sign up.

Options
  • 21-08-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Honestly I'm starting to feel like an aul' one here.

I want to purchase some items of amazon.de, however at the payment screen I want to avoid signing up for amazon prime.

I've heard that multiple people have tried to continue by not signing up but even though they click what they think is the option to continue without signing up they end up being signed up.

So I got through to the sign up screen and then called amazon, (or I arranged for them to call me). The lady on the phone said that the only option was to proceed with the purchase but that she would cancel my prime straight away. Which seems odd. She then mentioned that if I used the amazon app instead this wouldn't have been a problem. She then told me that another option was to use the 1-click buy button but to get back to that I would have to close and reopen the browser screen.

I cancelled out of the whole thing and then decided to not go ahead. I thanked the woman on the phone and said that I would not be continuing with the purchase.

I've tried to google some guides, about how to proceed without signing up but all the webpages are amazon pages FOR signing up. Went on youtube but once again its all about how to sign up or cancel, or american videos about the best deals on prime day.

I really must be getting old.

Does anyone have tips on how to navigate amazon without accidentally signing up for prime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

D wrote: »
    Does anyone have tips on how to navigate amazon without accidentally signing up for prime?
    No offense intended but if you use Amazon UK then its fairly obvious what to click on. If you use other European Amazon sites then use Google translate and again only click on what gets your order through without subscribing to Prime.

Advertisement