Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bet Settlement Query

• 20-08-2020 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I did a double earlier in the year, pre Covid lockdown. The bet was made in a shop on one of the betting terminals.

The first half of the bet won and the second half of the bet was "Champions League 2019/20 - Who will go the furthest? - FC Barcelona vs. Man City. Pick Manchester City 8/15"

Obviously, Man City did not go further than Barca but they were both eliminated at the same stage. My gut is telling me that Man City didn't "go the furthest" so they didn't win but then again, Barca didn't win as they didn't go further. Would a dead heat rule apply here?

I scanned the docket on one of the terminals earlier today and sure enough, the first half of the docker has a green tick against it but the second half of the bet was still showing as open.

I asked the shop assistant to check and he made a call. After about 5 mins, he told me he was informed it was a loser. However, he advised me to hold onto the docket as he could hear two guys at the other end of the phone debating whether it should be paid out or not. He said to check again in a few days to see if it is settled via the terminal.

I might be clutching at straws but I'd be quite happy to get paid on the first half of the bet and void the second half. The bet was a three figure sum so even this would be a good outcome. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I did a double earlier in the year, pre Covid lockdown. The bet was made in a shop on one of the betting terminals.

The first half of the bet won and the second half of the bet was "Champions League 2019/20 - Who will go the furthest? - FC Barcelona vs. Man City. Pick Manchester City 8/15"

Obviously, Man City did not go further than Barca but they were both eliminated at the same stage. My gut is telling me that Man City didn't "go the furthest" so they didn't win but then again, Barca didn't win as they didn't go further. Would a dead heat rule apply here?

I scanned the docket on one of the terminals earlier today and sure enough, the first half of the docker has a green tick against it but the second half of the bet was still showing as open.

I asked the shop assistant to check and he made a call. After about 5 mins, he told me he was informed it was a loser. However, he advised me to hold onto the docket as he could hear two guys at the other end of the phone debating whether it should be paid out or not. He said to check again in a few days to see if it is settled via the terminal.

I might be clutching at straws but I'd be quite happy to get paid on the first half of the bet and void the second half. The bet was a three figure sum so even this would be a good outcome. Any thoughts?

It should be a win and a d/h so it's half the stake after the win odds at
    the full odds of City.
    So if you had €100 on the double at say evens and 8/15, it would be €100
    at evens = €200, half of this is €100 at 8/15 = €153 and the €100 back so you get back €253.
    It can't be a loser as they both went out at the same stage so that's a dead heat.
    Bear in mind the machines are run independently of the shop by an outside company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

It depends, if who will go furthest Barca vs Man City had odds for the draw( both teams to get knocked out at same stage) then i can see how you lost, if not then it was a dead heat as stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Thanks for the replies. There was no option for a draw, it was either Barca or Man City.

I’ll check the terminal again tomorrow and if it is still not settled or shows as a loser, I’ll ask the shop assistant to look into it again.

I’m more confident now that it should be paid as a dead head so will stand my ground if I’m again told it is a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Steven81 wrote: »
    It depends, if who will go furthest Barca vs Man City had odds for the draw( both teams to get knocked out at same stage) then i can see how you lost, if not then it was a dead heat as stated.

I've never seen a draw option for a market like that, I'd guess the prices were something like 8/15 City and 6/4 Barcelona on the machine.
    I’m more confident now that it should be paid as a dead head so will stand my ground if I’m again told it is a loser.

If you are told it is a loser ask them why if there was only the 2 options available, City or Barca nd both go out in same round.
    I'd suggest the person who told you it was a loser didn't really know what they were talking about or didn't understand the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭jacool

Its a dead heat at worst.

At best you could chance your arm and say that Barcelona were knocked out on the 14th and Man City were knocked out on the 15th :)
    It is certainly "NOT" a losing bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

jacool wrote: »
    Its a dead heat at worst.

At best you could chance your arm and say that Barcelona were knocked out on the 14th and Man City were knocked out on the 15th :)
    It is certainly "NOT" a losing bet.

Yeah, it was eventually paid as a dead heat so happy enough.

Good point about the dates though, I should have argued for the win :D

Advertisement