Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler Replacement

Options
  • 20-08-2020 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I am currently getting some quotes for a gas boiler replacement. The boiler is for a two bed apartment. Most quotes have included some type of flush. However one quote that I have got (which is the lowest) doesn't include a flush but if it is determined that one is needed at the time of install then it is an extra 250, bringing this quote into line with other quotes.

I have only lived here for a couple of years and the boiler was not regularly maintained by the previous owner. Is a flush more likely than not going to be required when a new boiler is installed, especially if there has been little to no maintenance? Should I insist on some type of flush or just let the fitter determine if it is a requirement at the time of install?

Thanks,

Ender

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bazmo

I'm no expert, but I know that the warranty requires that the new boiler is installed on a clean system. If it isn't (and the commissioning paperwork will mention it) then the manufacturer reserves the right not to honour the warranty.

I'm actually in the same boat myself about getting a replacement so if you're in Dublin I'd appreciate it if you'd PM me what boiler you're looking for and what sort of quotes you're getting.

The quality of the water should dictate the requirement of a flush.

Most installers will do it as a given even if the water looks clean so as not to risk warranty issues down the road.

Advertisement