Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are all interior designers on the take?

• 20-08-2020 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Why do they think it's acceptable to charge twice, effectively ripping off customers? They charge their customers for their services and they also add onto the prices of tradespeople and shops. Greedy ****ers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

They're just jumped up creative gangster's.

Lots of them already have a template for certain sized spaces and it's a win win for them.

If you see their portfolio a lot of their work is similar to the last job.

Ive seen cowboy gardener's at the same craic, copying and pasting some garden design they found on a book...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Mav11

GazzaL wrote: »
    Why do they think it's acceptable to charge twice, effectively ripping off customers? They charge their customers for their services and they also add onto the prices of tradespeople and shops. Greedy ****ers.

It's not like that you are forced to use them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Fools and their money and all that.. The internet and the likes of Pinterest should have got rid of the necessity for them many many years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I disagree.

Was doing up the downstairs and had picked colours, place painted etc.

I got stuck at a point and for some reason it was not coming together and I was stuck. The colour unpicked fir the room was doing nothing for it.

I then got a consultation- some advice on colour and some ideas(nothing specific specified) on the space, factoring in what I could not change.

Once the new colour went up, it was like Eureka, I knew exactly what to do to finish the room myself. Came out fantastic and I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭brio09

anewme wrote: »
    I disagree.

Was doing up the downstairs and had picked colours, place painted etc.

I got stuck at a point and for some reason it was not coming together and I was stuck. The colour unpicked fir the room was doing nothing for it.

I then got a consultation- some advice on colour and some ideas(nothing specific specified) on the space, factoring in what I could not change.

Once the new colour went up, it was like Eureka, I knew exactly what to do to finish the room myself. Came out fantastic and I love it.

that sounds very nice! would you mind sharing whom did you hire for consultation and what other options did you consider?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

They're in business. Making money. That's ok.

I work with one and she's excellent. Fits out apartments and houses for developers for the rental market. Lots of contacts and discounts with her buying power. Her clients like her because the furniture and fittings are attractive enough to attract and durable enough to last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭brio09

John_Rambo wrote: »
    They're in business. Making money. That's ok.

I work with one and she's excellent. Fits out apartments and houses for developers for the rental market. Lots of contacts and discounts with her buying power. Her clients like her because the furniture and fittings are attractive enough to attract and durable enough to last.

thanks -
    do you work with her on a commercial basis or have you worked with her for your own house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

brio09 wrote: »
    thanks -
    do you work with her on a commercial basis or have you worked with her for your own house?

I work with her on the creative end of things, mainly on the commercial properties.

Advertisement