Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Ideal Standard Cistern Siphon *Urgently needed*

Options
  • 19-08-2020 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hello,

I live in an apartment in Adamstown Co. Dublin. I have a leaking cistern which brings on the pump every 5 minutes for a couple of seconds (not good for the pump). A plumber looked at it and suggested I replace the cistern and toilet pan, this would involve removing the tiles also as the cistern is concealed.

This would be very costly. This all seems rather excessive just to fix a leak. The plumber said that parts for this type of cistern are no longer available (Ideal Standard Siphon [pictures attached]). I would be so very grateful for any help with this matter. If any of you know where to get this part (siphon), I would very much appreciate your help.

rEH90jT
    czzkGFh
    QlNKwRU
    wWMTU3I
    Fk51AP4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

This looks like the same part: https://www.toiletspares.co.uk/evo-mechanical-flush-valve.html

Sometimes the Ideal Standard cisterns are rebranded Oli ones

You can also find it here: https://fastpart-spares.co.uk/product.asp?ID=EV11067 which is the official IS store

I'm in Adamstown too and recently replaced the filling valve in one of my cisterns (although looks to be an older model to yours). I got my part from a site called Shower Spares since they were the cheapest for that particular part but it doesn't look like they have the one you want (part number is EV11067)

If you don't fancy ordering online, I was told by Ideal Standard in Ireland that they deal trade only so they suggested talking to the likes of Davies, Chadwicks, Heatmerchants etc

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ytjeffsy29

Deanicus wrote: »
    This looks like the same part: https://www.toiletspares.co.uk/evo-mechanical-flush-valve.html

Sometimes the Ideal Standard cisterns are rebranded Oli ones

You can also find it here: https://fastpart-spares.co.uk/product.asp?ID=EV11067 which is the official IS store

I'm in Adamstown too and recently replaced the filling valve in one of my cisterns (although looks to be an older model to yours). I got my part from a site called Shower Spares since they were the cheapest for that particular part but it doesn't look like they have the one you want (part number is EV11067)

Hi Deanicus,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, the one from Oli brand is the information I received from another person I've just talked to as well. Also I found the exact model part number EV11067 from bathroomspareparts UK.

I've just ordered this one and hopefully this will fix the issue.

Many thanks,
    Frank.

Hi Deanicus,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, the one from Oli brand is the information I received from another person I've just talked to as well. Also I found the exact model part number EV11067 from bathroomspareparts UK.

I've just ordered this one and hopefully this will fix the issue.

Many thanks,
    Frank.

No problem. It might be worth emailing the Oli crowd as if it is the same part, they have it about half the price (hopefully you might be able to cancel the other order)

Worth mentioning that the blue screws in the yellow tabs are the adjusters for the flush plate. Mine are very sensitive so even a tiny turn can be the difference between the flush opening slightly and setting off the pump and not

If someone had messed with it or even moved the flush plate a little, it could cause your issue. Ours went off before by removing the flush plate to put in those toilet cistern tablets. I've adjusted it down much further now to avoid that

One last thing! I replaced the filling valve in ours as it was doing exactly what you are describing. It wasn't closing properly and it would intermittenly start the pump. Sometimes more water would come in but often it wouldn't so it wasn't immediately recognisable as the source of the issue

I traced it to the filling valve by drying the inside of the bowl and then placing some toilet paper there, making sure not to touch the water. After awhile, the paper was still dry so I knew it was not the siphon

Upon closer inspection then I saw that a piece of the filling valve had broken off and the float would not return to the correct position all the time, causing the issue

Just mentioning it in case a similar thing is happening with yours

• Advertisement

Deanicus wrote: »
    One last thing! I replaced the filling valve in ours as it was doing exactly what you are describing. It wasn't closing properly and it would intermittenly start the pump. Sometimes more water would come in but often it wouldn't so it wasn't immediately recognisable as the source of the issue

I traced it to the filling valve by drying the inside of the bowl and then placing some toilet paper there, making sure not to touch the water. After awhile, the paper was still dry so I knew it was not the siphon

Upon closer inspection then I saw that a piece of the filling valve had broken off and the float would not return to the correct position all the time, causing the issue

Just mentioning it in case a similar thing is happening with yours

Hi again Deanicus

Everything you have written is very interesting. I also put paper tissue in the bowl and it gradually became soaked and another time it did not get wet, so I'm not quite sure if the siphon is the problem, but I'm hoping it is, now that I have ordered one. Perhaps you are right when you say it could be the filling valve. I have had a suspicion that it may not be the siphon. These things are so awkward and complicated to work with nowadays compared to the older simpler systems.

Thanks again.

** Update **

I sourced an Ideal Standard siphon model EV11067 from bathroomspareparts.co.uk.

I replaced the siphon in the cistern, however this has not completely solved the problem of the pump coming on and off. The pump now only comes on about 6/7 times a day compared to every 7 or 8 minutes in the past. While I'm not totally satisfied with the result, it will have to do for now. At least after many, many months, I managed to source the Ideal Standard part. I was told by an Ideal Standard agent in Ireland that these siphons are no longer being manufactured !!!!

Advertisement