Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Window won't close properly

Options
  • 19-08-2020 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

Lately my bathroom top window won't close properly...i need to really slam it! to close it correctly, otherwise i'm left with a 10mm gap on the bottom left hand corner.

I replaced the latch/handle but still get the same problem....do these type of windows warp over time??

any suggestions welcome

window.jpg

window2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Sounds like the hinges rather than the espag lock that needed replacing. Should be an easy enough job if you get the same ones

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cant really tell from the images tbh a bit dark. But if the hinges were a problem there would be play in them or a sag to one or both sides.

The rubbers do actually go and are replaceable, its probably air gapped due to rubber wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

looked at the hinges and there's no sign of play or sag...the rubber around the frame looks fine with no sign of wear either

so i don't know :confused:

Advertisement