Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90SR Silent

Options
  • 19-08-2020 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Strange issue in this shower which is about 3 years old. Shower is in use ok but when switched off water keeps coming but not pumped pressure (similar to storage tank pressure). If the hose or head is removed the flow will stop as required. Any suggestion for faulty component appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Try this. Switch the shower on I I assume the temperature is warm/hot let it run for 30 seconds then turn it to cold again for 30 seconds and back to original temperature. A few years back I had a similar issue shower switched off but still a reasonable amount of water coming from it, I got a plumber out he said it's most likely limescale. He did the above to my shower and it was then fine, also obviously try to remove any limescale too, you can use vinegar or one of those limescale remover solutions that you can buy in the shop. He told me most people just always leave the temperature knob at the same setting but every now and again you should turn the dial to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frthdo

Thanks prompt reply. Have tried your suggestion and unfortunately problem is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

frthdo wrote: »
    Thanks prompt reply. Have tried your suggestion and unfortunately problem is still there.

Ah pity, thought it would work for you.. sorry hopefully someone else might be able to advise...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Faulty solenoid. About 120 euro supplied & fitted

Cheers, thanks. Is this just a solenoid coil or a valve unit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

frthdo wrote:
    Cheers, thanks. Is this just a solenoid coil or a valve unit?

It's the valve but this isn't sold on its own. Coil and valve are sold together on most Triton showers. This particular one is usually sold coil, valve and flow control valve. Triton T90SR solenoid S82100360 is what you need

Crystal clear, thanks

Advertisement