Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

immersion tripping a fuse

Options
  • 19-08-2020 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi there.
    looking for a bit of advice regarding my immersion. it's on a hardwired timer and was set to come on over night for an hour. in the last month or so, it's been tripping a fuse for the downstairs power. i took it off the overnight timer and turned it on manually during the day and after maybe an hour, it trips the same fuse.

any idea what would be causing this issue? it's a standard enough electric immersion with two elements for bath/sink. i won't be trying to fix it myself but does this require an electrician or plumber? or both? any idea what kind of cost to expect? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,966 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Most likely the element itself needs replacing. Expect to pay 150ish supplied & fitted for a new element

Some electrician's will tackle this but almost all plumbers will be happy to replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Electrician should be able to but biggest issue is if the element is seized worst case is a new tank. It can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

it's a reasonably new tank, i believe. only bought the house a few years ago but have been told by previous plumber working on other stuff that it's new and looks good. thanks for the advice, will get on to my plumber so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Masala

Yep. Happened to me. Had to get a Plumber to replace element. He warmed me that I might need a new tank if he couldn’t get the element to screw back in as tank was so old. All worked well .... and then had to get electrician to re wire it up!! Over €150 if I remember

Advertisement