Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tax credits and dsp

Options
  • 19-08-2020 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

My sister has recently gained employment after 6 months on jsb. she got her new tax certificate which has her tax credits reduced by 1518.40 to account for an income of 7592 from jsb. however she has calculated she only received 4394
    in the 6 months. do the dsp charge the full 9 months of jsb or is this an error that can be corrected. hope i explained it clearly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

My sister has recently gained employment after 6 months on jsb. she got her new tax certificate which has her tax credits reduced by 1518.40 to account for an income of 7592 from jsb. however she has calculated she only received 4394
    in the 6 months. do the dsp charge the full 9 months of jsb or is this an error that can be corrected. hope i explained it clearly

Normally the full 12 or 9 months is taken into account by Revenue untill they are told otherwise. Have your sister get a statement from the DSP showing how much she actually reived for 2020 and provide a copy to Revenue via her online Revenue account. Use the MyEnquiries function to scan a copy to them and request her credits and rate band be adjusted to the amount she actually received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Normally the full 12 or 9 months is taken into account by Revenue untill they are told otherwise. Have your sister get a statement from the DSP showing how much she actually reived for 2020 and provide a copy to Revenue via her online Revenue account. Use the MyEnquiries function to scan a copy to them and request her credits and rate band be adjusted to the amount she actually received.
    Great thanks for that .just realised she's on X and o's so might be better till nearer end of year

Advertisement