Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Flue Damage

Options
  • 19-08-2020 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just want to get some idea of possible solutions.

My chimney flue has been damaged some of the red brick I got at the back of the stove.
    Had a guy in cleaning it he said without a camera you won't know where it is broken.

Just wondering what the options are here?

He is talking about replacing the flue so I assume as they are stacked on top of one another which seems like a big job.

But I know some people put a flue liner up instead.

Let me know what you think can be done here.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Hi,

Just want to get some idea of possible solutions.

My chimney flue has been damaged some of the red brick I got at the back of the stove.
    Had a guy in cleaning it he said without a camera you won't know where it is broken.

Just wondering what the options are here?

He is talking about replacing the flue so I assume as they are stacked on top of one another which seems like a big job.

But I know some people put a flue liner up instead.

Let me know what you think can be done here.

Thanks

Replacing the original clay pots is a big messy job so forget about that.
    Putting in a flexi flue is the best option but I think you should have a look with a camera to make sure there is no serious damage and find out exactly what has happened

Advertisement