Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best options for Boosting

Options
  • 19-08-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi, I've just had Pure Telecom install 1 gig Siro line to my house. Regular 4 bed semi with back of house to be extended about 20 sq metres. They supplied a Frtizel box and it runs 5ghz 641 down and 102 up when in the same room testing on my phone. The 2.5Ghz runs 107 down and 82 up in same place. Where the extension has started there is no 5ghz but it is picking up the 2.5ghz and speed is about 1.34 down and 10.5 up. I reckon this will be enough for Sky Q mini and Netflix etc. However I'd like to install a Ring outdoor flood lit camera in the back. Wife's business is out there etc and it's only a couple of metres beyond where the extension is going. Have a Ring Pro on front and a few smart plugs etc but that's it.

What's the best value non wired product to boost the range I should be looking to purchase ? I've read about changing current box to a modem and use a mesh system or is this more than I need...any advice appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭65535

Just add another Fritz box in 'mesh' mode

Advertisement