Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid/Careless drivers.

Options
  • 19-08-2020 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

I was in the motoring thread just looking at pics of 'old/Classic cars" and I noticed the amount of pictures taken by posters while driving their car on roads, and motorways !

I asked a question previously about why do they think its ok to do that - and lets say , I wasn't allowed back for "derailing the thread" :confused:

I asked the same question today and I got this reply.

"No one actually thinks it's ok, but hand on heart, we all do stuff that isn't perfect (tune the radio, look into shop windows, look at other cars' occupants, etc) - if you keep the episodes brief, and understand that you're doing it (rather than letting your attention wander without realising it), then you're probably driving better than a lot of people we all see on the roads.
    It's like giving out when someone farts when, whether we like to admit it or not, we all fart."

I hope I don't meet this dude while on my bike, or even in my car while hes taking a pic of a 1980 vw golf ……

Be careful guys.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,575 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mod note - as this isn't about cycling per se, this is not the place for this thread. plus, it'll probably just get needlessly antagonistic.

if you feel your comments in the original thread were unfairly moderated, there is an appeals process to follow should you choose. however, as i'm not a regular of the motoring forum, i do not know whether your comments may fall under their charter or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement