Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premix mortar or render

Options
  • 19-08-2020 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Anyone know where to buy bags of premixed render or mortar?
    I can find any amount of just premixed concrete or postfix or whatever.
    But no 20kg bags of premixed mortar...

But I need to apply render to parts of the front of a shed to tidy it up.
    Doesn't warrant buying three bags of like sand, cement and plasticiser/lime.
    I'd use a third of them and then have them hanging around the shed for years until the concrete goes hard..

I would have thought it would be readily available.. but I've been all over lookin for it. Seems render just gets delivered in a big truck with a spray nozzle.. and I don't need anything like that amount..

Just want to do a coupla small repairs..

I see loads of bags of mortar/render on the web in the uk... but none here in Ireland.. weird..

The guys in B&Q galway said it might be in B&Q liffey valley cos its a big store.. anyone know ? I'm heading through Dublin to visit relatives next week...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

Any decent builders merchants will have K-Rend or kilsaran premixed mortars or can order them in for you. The likes of B&Q work out very expensive. If you’re going to Dublin, Goodwins have a good site and are worth checking out.

If you ring Kilsaran in Brownstown Kildare Where they sell bagged products, you can even choose from a selection of premixed colours at about €10 a 25kg bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

vidapura wrote: »
    Hello,
    Anyone know where to buy bags of premixed render or mortar?
    I can find any amount of just premixed concrete or postfix or whatever.
    But no 20kg bags of premixed mortar...

But I need to apply render to parts of the front of a shed to tidy it up.
    Doesn't warrant buying three bags of like sand, cement and plasticiser/lime.
    I'd use a third of them and then have them hanging around the shed for years until the concrete goes hard..

I would have thought it would be readily available.. but I've been all over lookin for it. Seems render just gets delivered in a big truck with a spray nozzle.. and I don't need anything like that amount..

Just want to do a coupla small repairs..

I see loads of bags of mortar/render on the web in the uk... but none here in Ireland.. weird..

The guys in B&Q galway said it might be in B&Q liffey valley cos its a big store.. anyone know ? I'm heading through Dublin to visit relatives next week...

Thanks

https://www.goodwins.ie/products/K-Mix-Instant-Mortar-Render-25Kg-Just-add-water-.html

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Thanks Gents,
    I've tried most of the usual suspects in Galway.. McDonaghs, TJ O'Mahony's, Woodies, B&Q, Roadstone, Walshs...

So just Chadwicks and Brooks left to go..

If not then I'll have a look there in Goodwins in Lucan when I'm passing..

Thanks again.

Advertisement