Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loader headstock conversion

Options
  • 18-08-2020 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone here ever converted a loader to a euro headstock?
    I have a tanco T100 and the headstock is fairly worn and damaged so I'm thinking I'd just convert it and change the brackets on the implements.
    Does anyone know of anyone that would manufacturer a headstock to suit the loader? I have seen some universal conversion units on donedeal but they look a bit light.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Got one made by Dowd Engineering up in Cavan.
    Was light enough too, what I thought was solid bar turned out to be only piping.
    Ended up beefing it up myself, after only one winter of feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

OP I got it done on a loader headstock 8-9 years ago most good welders /engineering firms can do it. Its not as complicated as you may think

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

OP I got it done on a loader headstock 8-9 years ago most good welders /engineering firms can do it. Its not as complicated as you may think

You can buy a universal euro headstock, most agri part suppliers stock them or can get one in. I've fitted a few of them and have heard no complaints. Circa €600 dependant on the number of attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Who2

The main issue with using the euro headstock on a tango loader is trying to get the tilt. If it’s the two ram type ones direct to the implement I’d suggest just change the loader. Most of the universal headstocks are about 4 inch’s narrower than the headstock so new brackets need to be put on to carry it too. A lot of messing for a half arsed job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Is it possible to get a euro adapter that can be taken off and you can still use implements with tanco brackets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Goodeone

Thanks, I will try some local engineering firms and see what they can do. Was thinking of purchasing this one. https://www.dhfarmmachinery.com/products/quick-attach-euro-bracket-carrier-frame-51852.html?filter_set[]=1093,18873,18874,18878
    The quick attach seems better than the majority of the other universal headstocks. Just the pins on it to connect to my loader look smaller than what I currently have. Probably just better off get one made up.
    I will definitely change the brackets on the implements. I want to keep the implements as close to the tractor as possible and I will probably change the tractor in the next 2 years so it makes sense just to have euro brackets on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I fitted one of them 6 years ago on an MX loader. Had no issues except the spring broke which was about 1 euro

Getting it fitted takes a few hours for a lad with ability to set up bushings etc to suit

Goodeone wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone here ever converted a loader to a euro headstock?
    I have a tanco T100 and the headstock is fairly worn and damaged so I'm thinking I'd just convert it and change the brackets on the implements.
    Does anyone know of anyone that would manufacturer a headstock to suit the loader? I have seen some universal conversion units on donedeal but they look a bit light.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

I'm looking at a 12 Claas with a FL100c loader (i think these are MX). It doesn't have Euro head but i think a MX head (U fittings at the top). Would any of these "universal" headstock work?

Advertisement