Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural engineer recommendation Dublin south

Options
  • 18-08-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Can someone pm me a recommendation for a structural engineer? I live in an end of terrace concerete poured former council house

I want to get some advice on the following:
    • The previous owner removed the wall between what used to be the front "parlour" room and the main living room (many years ago), and there is obviously a steel beam holding up the ceiling. But lately some cracks have appeared at one end and would just like for someone to check if all is ok.
    • I also have cracks in the kitchen extension where it adjoins the main house, so would like this checked, too. There has been a lot of building adjoining the property, and trees removed, so might just be down to that.
    • I might want to have a wall upstairs moved to make the bathroom bigger, so need to understand what's required.
    • I also might want to make some changes to my extension - convert a door to a window and put a new door somewhere else. Also roof needs to be redone (flat roof).
    • I was also thinking about replacing the radiators with underfloor heating. It's an old house, as far as I know there is no damp course in the floor, so I was wondering would it be worth digging down and installing it - so I really need someone to help me understand what can/needs to be done.

I don't want to ask a builder, because I don't understand enough to know if I'm being given good advice!

Based southside Dublin.
    Many thanks for all help/recommendations!

Advertisement