Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footpath/walkway

Options
  • 18-08-2020 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

I'm looking to make a short footpath/walkway about 15 meters long & 1 meter wide. To keep it clean I'm thinking of using mypex first and then 50mm of stone/gravel then 20mm 804. haven't done this before & looking for advice.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭motley

texanman wrote: »
    I'm looking to make a short footpath/walkway about 15 meters long & 1 meter wide. To keep it clean I'm thinking of using mypex first and then 50mm of stone/gravel then 20mm 804. haven't done this before & looking for advice.

Many thanks

Any membrane would do the job. Depends if your surface is well draining or not but I would keep it simple and just use 804 for the whole depth. My guess would be half tonne to a tonne of 804 would cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

3" in total wont be enough, IMO
    How are you going to edge it against grass or whatever?

Have you considered the honeycomb mesh for gravel, or similar?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement