Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scraping moss off roof with a long pole scraper

Options
  • 18-08-2020 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭

I have a fair amount of moss on the roof, dormer type house so unless I go up on the roof I need something with long reach. 6 metres would probably do it. I already have a homemade thing made from a steel pole that is about 4 metres long but it is heavy and awkward and extending it further is not on.

I have tried plastic sewer rods which were light enough and long enough but far too floppy.

What else is there? I'm aware that there is a system called Sky Pole/Sky Scraper which is made from carbon fibre and looks great. It is very expensive though and seems to be for professional use. Comes with a variety of different shaped scrapers for different shaped roof tiles when all I need is a flat scraper. Also I think the poles are designed for use with a vacuum for sucking debris out of gutters which adds to the expense and again, I don't need that

OTOH there is this DIY thing
    https://www.instructables.com/id/moss-scraper/

Anyone got any recommendations for something in between?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Long lengths of Bamboo, stiff, light and strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not for everyone but I got up and pressure washed it off. Pretty permanent solution will last ten years before needing doing again.

Advertisement