Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Composite door single vs double rebate

Options
  • 17-08-2020 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I am looking for a new front door and have 2 doors in mind. The one I love most is made by diamond adoor but is only available in single rebate. My 2nd choice which I like but not necessarily love is a palladio and is double rebate. How much of a difference does to heat noise etc make when comparing the rebate of the doors. Would I be nuts picking the single over the double just for the pure look of the door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

clonesbabe wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am looking for a new front door and have 2 doors in mind. The one I love most is made by diamond adoor but is only available in single rebate. My 2nd choice which I like but not necessarily love is a palladio and is double rebate. How much of a difference does to heat noise etc make when comparing the rebate of the doors. Would I be nuts picking the single over the double just for the pure look of the door?
    the double rebate is a must. They are generally a 70mm door with treble glazing. The single rebate doors are generally 40mm doors with just double glazing and with a feather seal that are of poor quality

Advertisement