Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plaster falling off

Options
  • 17-08-2020 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The external plaster is falling off the exposed gables. We built our house using a clayblock building system. If anyone has or had similar problem please let me know.
    I would not recommend using this system, as it has caused so much stress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

You'd have to be more specific. For example date of construction. Type of plaster (sand and cement or acrylic render) Time of year it was constructed. Was it direct labour or contractor, etc. The more info the better.

I was involved in one project where they were plastering in the winter and it froze hard the night after they plastered the gable and it had to be redone. Plaster can fail on a number of projects for a number of reasons.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109831951

Liam
    Need more detail,

Did you contact the render manufacturer and ask for their opinion?

The fact the internal and external plaster is affected suggests A number of things could be the problem

the product Wasn’t compatible
    The application was incorrect

and what’s the plasterer Saying?

Was there a main builder?

Have you gotten an arch/eng/surveyors opinion?

Advertisement