Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone buy from laptop direct

Options
  • 17-08-2020 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I've been trying to buy a laptop off laptop direct but they've cancelled the order and I haven't been able to get any contact from them. I'm nervous I won't get the money back now.
    I'm also annoyed because they cancelled the order and now I can't buy another till they return my money 😔

Has anyone had any experience with them ?

Kind Regards,
    Mary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They are safe enough, I haven't used them but know people that have.
    They are not the cheapest though (for future reference).

Should be no issues getting your money back. Give it a few days.

they have a fairly bad rep on boards - obviously people who have had a bad experience are more vocal

since they have cancelled your order they will give you your money back

the worst case experiences seems to be where the buyer gets the item and it's not right - cue long-drawn out process often with no good resolution

try and find a phone number for them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mazda_01

Hi

I called them on that phone number and it said I was in the queue for four hours and they'd call me back when I came to the head of the queue but no word, I've sent countless messages too.

Any recommendations on where to get a decent laptop in the region of 600 ?

This was the one I'd paid for.....was a Lenovo with 8gb ram and 512gb ssd and it came in at 578.00

Kind Regards,
    Mary

mazda_01 wrote: »
    Hi

I called them on that phone number and it said I was in the queue for four hours and they'd call me back when I came to the head of the queue but no word, I've sent countless messages too.

Any recommendations on where to get a decent laptop in the region of 600 ?

This was the one I'd paid for.....was a Lenovo with 8gb ram and 512gb ssd and it came in at 578.00

Kind Regards,
    Mary

matebook d 14 / honor magicbook 14 (same just different branding)

all metal chassis build quality, 4-core cpu, ssd, 8gb ram, ips screen, great laptop.

on amazon uk (cheapest at 499 £) or hihonor.com (free gift to claim there e.g. smartwatch)

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »

all metal chassis build quality, 4-core cpu, ssd, 8gb ram, ips screen, great laptop.

on amazon uk (cheapest at 499 £) or hihonor.com (free gift to claim there e.g. smartwatch)

Ok great thanks for the recommendation !

glasso wrote: »

Thank you , I got the Magicbook yesterday and it's fab, the camera in the keyboard doesn't suit but that's ok I'll get the webcam you recommended elsewhere on here. It's so fast , portable and handy. The delivery took less than a week, addresspal only charged 7.50 and I got a class smart watch too ! All in all a great purchase ! I didn't realise how slow my old laptop was ! Everything is so fast now !

Thank you again !

Advertisement