Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a parcel motel equivalent for large items?

Options
  • 17-08-2020 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a large appliance, which only ships within Northern Ireland. It's outside the size range of parcel motel. So I was wondering if there was an equivalent for that.

I could even drive up to collect it. I'd just need an address that would be willing to accept delivery. It's from an online retailer who won't allow me to collect directly from them, but will ship it to any Northern Ireland address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I bought a lawnmower online and they didn't do delivery to residences. They delivered to a business on their partner network who assembled it and probably down the line could deal with servicing and repairs.

So - maybe look up the distributor in Ireland or Northern Ireland and see if they can arrange you to purchase it through a retailer that allows collection or delivery to the South.

Another option but you could buy it from a European site that would ship to Ireland.

But if you're doing all this to save €50 there's probably little point.

DeliverMe.ie

It's just an industrial unit in a business park in Newry, placed comically close to the border, and they'll accept your deliveries. I used them to get Argos to deliver a bit of gym gear to as it was much cheaper at the time than using the Irish stores. I do recall thinking the service was expensive for what it was, but at the same time, it saved me a fair bit more at the time, than buying from ROI Argos stores.

I collected my stuff from them. I think they offer to deliver it to you ROI address but I live near them, and the price they gave for delivery was hefty enough, so I opted to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

If a parcel is oversized you can collect it from their depot in finglas or pay extra to have it delivered to your door. Now I'm not sure if that would apply to something as big as a washing machine but might be worth giving them a call to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Actually they now have parcel motel xl specifically for large items.

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005045169-Parcel-Motel-XL

Advertisement