Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G29, gritty feeling when turning wheel. Normal?

Options
  • 17-08-2020 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭

I pulled out my G29 wheel recently (haven't given it enough love) and something I noticed (which I guess has always been there) is that when you turn the wheel it feels a bit gritty (like it has arthritis!).

But when it's turned off it turns fairly smoothly with minimal tension.

Is that just the force feedback settings?

I don't think I ever configured it when I bought it, am I supposed to?

I usually just use it with my PS4, so not sure if there is a configuration on that.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Logitech wheels inherently have a sand paper like ffb [force feedback] but its only really noticeable when you compare it to a high end wheel.
    The so called sand paper effect actually sounds 10x worse than it actually is in practice.
    Im simracing 20 years and use a G29 as im into it casually these last few years , ive used all sorts of wheels including high end stuff and the G29 is a perfectly fine piece of kit.

I dont know how they work on console but on PC there are specific settings both ingame and via logitech software for each game/sim.
    For example i have profiles set for each of my most playing sims, every sim requires very different settings.

What are you playing with it? The reason i ask is if a game doesnt support the wheel or is not set up correctly it will feel gritty as the gear system inside isnt working in sync with a game or sim that supports it if you get what i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Played it with GT Sport on the PS4 last night.
    That has lots of settings specific to the G29.

It doesn't actually bother me, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a damaged wheel, so it's good to know it's fairly normal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id highly recommend you find settings from people in the know about that game, maybe reddit or official forums etc.

Advertisement