Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating Controls upgrade and boiler replacement under grant?

Options
  • 17-08-2020 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hey

I am looking to upgrade my boiler from a regular boiler to a combi boiler.

I was wondering does the heating controls upgrade grant cover this at all?
    I know they used to offer boiler replacement cover, but I think that might be changed.

thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,383 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hey

I am looking to upgrade my boiler from a regular boiler to a combi boiler.

I was wondering does the heating controls upgrade grant cover this at all?
    I know they used to offer boiler replacement cover, but I think that might be changed.

thanks

No it doesn't.

There are no grants for fossil fuel boilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Here is the details, wouldn’t cover the boiler specifically, but if you are adding / upgrading controls as part of the works you may see some benefit.

https://www.seai.ie/grants/home-energy-grants/heating-upgrade-grants/?gclid=CjwKCAjw1ej5BRBhEiwAfHyh1IvWzxWSw4BgDZMjGkKl84mYPv-9YQwR1UK-UDerrTwWGgx4QEkPWxoCokQQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

The goal post were changed at the start of the year regarding combi boilers and the heating control grant. For some strange and ridiculous reason SEAI don't see a combi boiler as a hot water hot and space heating divide!
    They will want a minimum of 2 zones as well as the combi boiler. One way to over come it is divide the up stairs and the downstairs radiators onto two separate zones but this can't always happen with the house set up or another way is to install smart TRVs onto all the rads but these can work out a bit more expensive but gives you full control of all radiators in the house via your phone or tablet.

Advertisement