Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gumley Family

Options
  • 16-08-2020 11:02pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I’m seeking information about Mary Gumley, married name ,
    Doherty , who died in England in the last few years She had a son called Kenneth.
    It’s my understanding that she lived in the London areamost of her life and had at least 2 brothers .
    Any information would be gladly received

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Any idea whereabouts in Co. Cavan she was from?
    Kenneth being ( more or less) a name more likely in C of I families, you could try getting in touch with the Gumley family at Deggan, Butlersbridge.
    Cavan is 100km long, so there are probably others.

Lots of RC Gumley families around Cavan town as well, I can get you an address for them if you come up blank with the Butlersbridge ones.

Edit, have you found her birth cert, or even know her year of birth?
    That would narrow it down immediately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Thanks so much . She was definitely a Catholic. She was born in the 1940s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The Duchas website has entries from three Gumley family members (Ida, Florrie and Margaret - presumably sisters) in Coolboyoge, Co. Cavan and one by a Susan Gumley in Gartbrattan, Co. Cavan.
    These would have been schoolchildren in the 1930s, not sure if it fits your timeline but it might be you somewhere to check for records.

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Gaspode wrote: »
    The Duchas website has entries from three Gumley family members (Ida, Florrie and Margaret - presumably sisters) in Coolboyoge, Co. Cavan and one by a Susan Gumley in Gartbrattan, Co. Cavan.
    These would have been schoolchildren in the 1930s, not sure if it fits your timeline but it might be you somewhere to check for records.

LINK

Coolboyoge is a townland ( and had a National School of the same name) beside the Townland of Deggan I mentioned in my post,, and are C of I Gumleys.

Byhookorbycrooke, I'll PM you a number for a Cavan town Gumley.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Never thought of the Duchas route, thanks both for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement