Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spray to repair bodywork scratches

• 16-08-2020 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

hi all,
    looking to try to repair or diminish light and some heavier scrathes on a black car door. ive seen some ads for a universal all in one spray that does all car colours that you just spray on and buff away.looks pretty good actually but they are in america.they ship worldwide. but a lit of hassle. are there any good ones in Ireland to buy that i could at least try?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭E30M3

crxsi09 wrote: »
    hi all,
    looking to try to repair or diminish light and some heavier scrathes on a black car door. ive seen some ads for a universal all in one spray that does all car colours that you just spray on and buff away.looks pretty good actually but they are in america.they ship worldwide. but a lit of hassle. are there any good ones in Ireland to buy that i could at least try?
    Thanks

Sounds like Snake Oil and unlikely to be any way effective. Post a link to this 'wonder' product and people here will be able to help you.

Also some pics of the damage, good bodywork isn't cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭daheff

I'd be interested too...missus has been using the car like a bumper car recently ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crxsi09

E30M3 wrote: »
    Sounds like Snake Oil and unlikely to be any way effective. Post a link to this 'wonder' product and people here will be able to help you.

Also some pics of the damage, good bodywork isn't cheap.

snake oil yeah. lol
    here is the link
    https://uswishingoal.com/products/car-scratch-repair-nano-spray

crxsi09 wrote: »

looking at the other products they sell, i'd say keep your money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

These ads are made to trick those of us looking for a quick fix and who don't have in-depth knowledge, if any, of how much work it takes to remove scratches/marks on cars. You can't remove a scratch where the paint has been removed with a spray. It's total and utter bullsh!t.

What they do in those ads is make marks using chalk etc. along with having a perfectly prepped car covered in fake dust so that it looks immaculate after a spray of their snake oil product and a wipe.

Edit: They didn't even take enough care with their pictures/naming to get it right. Can anyone spot the mistake?

04_bc02d0f5-bbb1-4871-a9f0-f52ffe53b813_720x.png?v=1596144848

• Advertisement

Edit: They didn't even take enough care with their pictures/naming to get it right. Can anyone spot the mistake?

Right side is actually the coated side?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crxsi09

here are 2 pics of the doors with a scratch on each. its a black civic door. was wondering even if i used an aerosol can and some lacquer would it take the look off it, or would it be too noticeable when done against the original black colour on the doors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Where are you based?

The surrounding paintwork looks to be in good condition so I would suggest you bring it to a good detailing company and have the scratches polished out. Using aerosols is going to be a proper mess.

Advertisement