Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window installation help

Options
  • 16-08-2020 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to install a window in my shed and wondering how best to do it.
    I've attached some photos and the window leaves a gap of about 2 to 3 cm around the window opening. do I also need a cill/sill?

The window is aluminium.

Thanks

cRhQWaD.jpg
    LvusFt1.jpg
    e328rov.jpg
    9GqxyRL.jpg
    CvBxbRP.jpg
    uCRMG28.jpg
    nFMTq9t.jpg
    jFIacM0.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No pics..?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭vintcerf

listermint wrote: »
    No pics..?
    should show up now, second time lucky :D

You'll need to remove the glass. You'll need shims you can put in a pvc will if needed . Sills are to make sure water runs off and away from the building. Plenty of videos on YouTube of installation. Biggest challenge is to not distort the frame.

was hoping not to have to remove the glass :/. would it be ok to drill some stoppers to the wall to kinda hold the window in place?
    P5ZVtyf.png

Absolutely gammy way of doing it. At a minimum you could use galvoband and strap that to the wall and strap it into the window frame.

• Advertisement

haha sounds like i'll be better off getting someone to do it. do you know how much i should expect to pay for getting it fitted?

Advertisement