Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment pump/water issue.

Options
  • 15-08-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi, I have what is probably a dumb question, but I don’t know how these things work! Daughter and boyfriend have an apartment in Dublin. The water pump is broken, had an electrician out and now waiting for a plumber. In the meantime, they are clueless about what works off the pump, and whether they can still use the toilet or appliances etc. They say there is some water at the kitchen cold tap, but have had a few issues with the apartment and are afraid to run water in case
    they cause further damage. The pump is turned off. Apparently it was smoking and sparking!
    Anyway my question is, essentially, can they flush the toilet and use the cold water tap in the kitchen?
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

twiglet24 wrote: »
    Hi, I have what is probably a dumb question, but I don’t know how these things work! Daughter and boyfriend have an apartment in Dublin. The water pump is broken, had an electrician out and now waiting for a plumber. In the meantime, they are clueless about what works off the pump, and whether they can still use the toilet or appliances etc. They say there is some water at the kitchen cold tap, but have had a few issues with the apartment and are afraid to run water in case
    they cause further damage. The pump is turned off. Apparently it was smoking and sparking!
    Anyway my question is, essentially, can they flush the toilet and use the cold water tap in the kitchen?
    Thanks for any help!

Can’t see how it would do any harm. But there may be a shortage of water at these points until pump replaced.

Advertisement